gravity release me

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"I'm Speechless"

I really enjoyed learning about Andy Warhol today in class. I never realized the humor inserted in his art pieces. I remember when younger seeing the Campbell’s Soup cans and in class we needed to represent our own drawing off of this. Up until now I of course knew of Andy Warhol’s name and of his famous art pieces.

However, I never realized “the game” Andy was playing throughout his art and throughout his life in the media especially. I would really like to see the collection of films that portrayed a close-up of people’s faces for fifteen minutes. This makes me think of when you stare at yourself in the mirror for a while and all of the lines and freckles on your face become unfamiliar. Yet at the same time you can really see yourself objectively, I would love to have the chance to really look at a stranger for more than a few minutes. This is what is so appealing to me about this compilation of people staring into a camera.

I am also interested in the strausberger emotional memory technique and how actors/actresses were trained to bring back an intense emotional memory into their cognition and the ability to control these thoughts. It was hilarious when Andy was being interviewed because you can really understand the game he is playing with the media and the mysterious mischievous front he is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment