gravity release me

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Whip It

I really liked George Ligeti and the visualization of the score, made by machine in the 1960’s. I know this is very “easy” today but at the time it was very revolutionary. It was really interesting to see all of the metronomes going off at once. Diamanda Galas is quite an interesting character. I really liked where this class was going and how we began to talk about synthesizers. I think it is so neat how a machine can change the whole aura of a sound.

I loved when we watched “Whip It” My Mom loves this song, it’s funny to see the evolution of songs like this. I also liked when we listened to “Tainted Love” because I have always like Marilyn Manson’s version and I thought Soft Cell was the original creator and not Gloria Jones. One aspect I absolutely love about this course is that I can finally see so many connections. Connections in culture, music, and art can be seen even now in the current culture.

I also really was interested in the New Psychedelic movement and how culture impacted the art forms of the times. Of course this culture was centered on drugs which made the art that much more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment