gravity release me

Thursday, April 15, 2010

when you're 21 you're no fun.


I LOVED this class. This really resonated with me, probably because we are getting closer to the current time. Yet we are still far enough back for me to appreciate the historical importance of the type of music and art was being produced. I was really interested in the Moog Synthesizer and I liked listening to “Switched on Bach”. I liked learning about the house movement and how it was created in a Warehouse in Detroit.

It was really fascinating to see how the culture shaped the music and in turn the music shaped the culture. Also, it was interesting to see the practicality in using a rhythm box/synthesizer, when the police would come it was much easier for the artists to pack up and get our quickly.

I loved hearing groups such as Ladytron, Gorillaz, Blur, Massive Attack etc. in the context of this class. I really loved listening to Michel Cleis ft. Toto la Momposina- La Mezcla. This was such a fun mix of songs. What we listened today in class was so interesting to me because I love synthesized songs, and combinations of songs that seem polar opposite. Great class!

No comments:

Post a Comment